We value privacy and think you do too, so we want you to have the information you need to make your own decisions about your personal privacy. When you visit or supply information to any Web site, we think it's a good idea for you to first understand what that site's privacy policies are. If the site doesn't tell you, don't hesitate to ask. practicalmoneyskills.com is fully compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
practicalmoneyskills.com's audiences are teachers, parents, students and consumers. We do request personally identifiable information from teachers, parents and adult consumers who choose to participate in certain activities available on practicalmoneyskills.com, as described below and request no information of any kind from visitors who indentify themselves as under the age of 13. If we were to discover that a child (under 13) submitted personally identifiable information, practicalmoneyskills.com would delete the information immediately.
Information Collection & Use
The bottom line at practicalmoneyskills.com is that we use the information that we get from your visit for internal tracking purposes, to make practicalmoneyskills.com as useful and interesting to you as we can, and to respond to your requests for information or other services. We do not use your personal information for any other purpose, we never sell it to any third party, and we do not share it with any third party, except as noted under Sharing of Information.
- Request Materials: practicalmoneyskills.com invites visitors ages 13 and up to request more free personal finance resources, including curriculum kits, CD-ROMs and brochures. To process these requests, practicalmoneyskills.com requires that each request be accompanied by a full name, address, phone number and e-mail address. This information is used to process and monitor requests. We may also contact you for feedback.
- Idea Share: practicalmoneyskills.com offers teachers and parents the opportunity to share ideas about teaching finance concepts. It is up to the individual submitting an idea to determine what, if any, personally identifiable information will be posted on the Website under "Your Name." Anoymous data can be used in place of "your name"
- E-mail: practicalmoneyskills.com provides visitors ages 13 and up the opportunity to send e-mail to us. We use your email address to thank you for your comment and/or reply to your question, and we will store your communication and our reply in case we correspond further. We will never share it with or sell it to anyone else.
- E-mail updates: practicalmoneyskills.com gives teachers the opportunity to request e-mail updates about the Practical Money Skills for Life program. We request contact information so we can send those updates. We also collect demographic information so we can aggregate it to learn more about our audience.
- Games: The games made available on our site allow teachers and parents to share quality online entertainment with their students and children. The design, content and language of these games are targeted to various age levels, ranging from preschoolers to adults. The games are fully compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
It is our policy with the games to require only the minimal collection of information from our visitors. Consistent with this policy, the games of practicalmoneyskills.com limit the collection of information from people ages 13 and up to what is known as non-personally identifiable information (e.g. first name). Other than the collection of such non-personally identifiable information, we do not collect personal information from our users in the games. As such, we do not share any personal information about our users in the games area with any third parties. In order to participate in any game or other online activity, we only require you to disclose the minimum amount of information necessary.
Sharing of Information
At practicalmoneyskills.com, we may share aggregate information about our users (number of visitors, etc.) with both our affiliated businesses (e.g. Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy) and externally with third parties, such as our business partners. Aggregate data does not identify individuals. We will only share personal information about our users with third parties in the following instances:
- Agents: The personal information provided to practicalmoneyskills.com may be transferred, disclosed or shared with third parties who may be engaged by us specifically to handle and deliver certain activities ( e.g., message boards, material requests, advisory board) and perform other technical and processing functions, such as sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from registration lists, programming, providing user services to our users, or otherwise operating our site. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Special Cases: We may also disclose personally identifiable information to third parties when required by law or is pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings, or otherwise necessary to protect our Web site or the safety of its users.
Other than as set forth above, we do not at present intend to use or share your personal information for other purposes. However, in the future we may disclose personal information you have provided to third parties for additional purposes and in the event we do, we will provide notices of such use to our users and the choice whether to or not participate.
Cookies and Log Data
Cookies are information files that your web browser places on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. Cookies cannot damage user files, nor can they read information from a user's hard drive. Cookies allow websites to "remember" users activities on a website as well as users visits to a site. At practicalmoneyskills.com, cookies are used to determine the number of unique visitors to our website over a given period. We do not store any personal information into cookies nor do we link or combine information collected through cookies to any personal information submitted by users when participating in our activities. Log data collected on web servers within practicalmoneyskills.com's control supplies practicalmoneyskills.com with aggregate information about the number of visits to different pages on our site. practicalmoneyskills.com uses such aggregate information to improve access to our content based on our visitors' browsers and operating system types to make our content available to as many users as possible.
practicalmoneyskills.com does not allow children under the age of 13 to submit personal information. We will never knowingly collect information from users under the age of 13. Parents must make requests on behalf of children under 13. We monitor your age by asking you to tell us the month and year of your birth whenever we request you to share personal information. If we were to discover that a child (under 13) submitted personally identifiable information, practicalmoneyskills.com would delete the information immediately.
practicalmoneyskills.com has taken steps to ensure that personally identifiable information collected is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers as well as electronic security systems and password protections which guard against unauthorized access.
This page was last updated on 7/7/2010.
practicalmoneyskills.com Privacy Coordinator
Attn: Corporate Relations
P.O. Box 194607
San Francisco, CA 94119-4607