May 6, 2013
Avoid Rude Rental Car Surprises
Ensure that your next rental car experience goes off without a hitch.
Sometimes renting a car is your best transportation option while traveling. But I've learned a few lessons the hard way. For example:
- A reservation isn't necessarily a guarantee your car will be there.
- Rates change constantly, so today's price may be much lower or higher than tomorrow's.
- Book the best deal you can now and check back for lower rates. There's usually no penalty to cancel a reservation and rebook.
- Always inspect the car for preexisting damage before renting and note it on your contract.
- When traveling abroad, use only well-known companies.
- Research travel columnists and message boards for rental tips, possible pitfalls and customer complaints about particular vendors.
Bottom line: Make sure you understand all terms and conditions of your car rental contract.
- Avoid Rude Rental Car Surprises
- Trim Your Vacation Costs
- How to Save on Back-to-School Shopping
- How to Catch a Phish
Email to a friend