June 17, 2013
Fun, Affordable Summer Activities
Discover clever ways to create unforgettable family memories this summer without paying an arm and a leg.
With summer only weeks away, you're probably already starting to plan your family's vacation schedule. Fortunately, creating unforgettable family memories doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Here are a few ideas:
- With the high cost of gas, consider a "staycation," where you stay local and explore your own community. Find out what attractions draw tourists to visit in your area.
- Explore the great outdoors: Find local hiking trails, take family bike rides or head to nearby lakes, beaches or pools.
- Many communities offer movie and concert nights in the park where you can enjoy free, safe entertainment.
- Organize a block party to get to know your neighbors.
Bottom line: Don't give your kids a chance to say "I'm bored" this summer. Fill their days with fun, inexpensive activities.
- Tax Breaks and Benefits Available to Military Families
- Money-Saving Open Enrollment Tips
- High School Grads Need to Understand Credit
- How to Save on Back-to-School Shopping
Email to a friend