July 29, 2013
The Ins and Outs of ePayments
Discover the advantages of handling your transactions electronically – from saving money to saving yourself time.
These days, most people perform many more transactions electronically – either by choice, or because companies and government agencies increasingly have made it mandatory.
ePayments do have many advantages:
- They're cheaper. They save on the costs of printing, processing and mailing.
- They're faster. Bill payments, funds transfers and direct deposits occur same day – often instantaneously.
- They're convenient. You can choose one-time bill pay, where you review each transaction, or recurring bill pay.
- They're safer. Old-fashioned mail theft remains a major problem.
As with any online activity, you must take precautions to protect your computer from being hacked – like using anti-virus software and secure websites.
Bottom line: EPayments can be cheaper, faster – and safer.
- The Ins and Outs of EPayments
- How to Stem the Tide of Junk Mail
- Social Security Statements Now Available Online
- Knowing Which Financial Records to Save and Toss
Email to a friend