December 12, 2011
Preventing Identity Theft
Are you taking all of the precautions you can against identity theft? Find out a few simple actions you can take to better protect your finances and identity.
Criminals are always one step ahead at discovering ways to access our personal information and use it to commit fraud. They can use your identity to open unauthorized accounts or even charge their medical procedures to your insurance policy.
A few tips:
* Never supply or confirm account information, login IDs or passwords to anyone unless you initiated the inquiry.
* Shield keypads from "shoulder surfers" at store checkouts and ATMs.
* Shred anything containing personal or account information.
* Carefully scan credit card and bank statements for erroneous charges.
* Monitor credit reports for errors or fraudulent activities.
Bottom line: Protect your personal information or risk paying a high price.
- Make Sure You Are Cyber Secure
- Accidents Happen
Email to a friend