UPDATED AS OF: February 1, 2016
FOR IOS USERS: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS CONCLUDED BETWEEN THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON DOWNLOADING AND USING THE VISA PETER PIG MOBILE APP ("YOU," "YOUR," "YOU" OR "YOUR") AND VISA ONLY, AND NOT WITH APPLE INC. ("APPLE").
FOR ANDROID USERS: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS CONCLUDED BETWEEN THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON DOWNLOADING AND USING THE APPLICATION ("YOU," "YOUR," "YOU" OR "YOUR") AND VISA ONLY, AND NOT WITH GOOGLE INC. ("GOOGLE").
- The Application does not collect or use personal information. [See Section B]
- Our privacy statement discloses how we collect, use, share and secure your personal information in connection with the Application. [See Section B]
A. Scope of the Application License
This license is limited to a non-exclusive, non-transferable license for you to use the Application for personal use only on any mobile device that you own or control and as permitted by the terms of the applicable app store. You may not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products, data or services obtained from or in connection with the Application. Notwithstanding the above, You may print or download one (1) copy of the associated media and documentation for the Application solely for back-up purposes, provided that you reproduce all copyright and other proprietary notices included on the original on such copy. Additionally, you may not remove any proprietary notices, labels, or marks on the Application or accompanying documentation.
Visa Inc. ("Visa," "we," "us," or "our") is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust as it relates to the privacy of your information. Please read below and learn how we collect and use your information when you use the Application.
- Information We Collect
We do not request or collect personal information from you. The Application is a self-contained mobile app – we do not collect any personal information from the Application.
The Application is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from anyone under 18 years of age.
- Other Sites
Please note that any information, including pictures, you post or share with others through other sites may be seen by other people depending on your privacy settings for those other sites.
- Contact Us
Visa U.S.A. Inc.
P.O. Box 194607
San Francisco, CA 94119-4607
Attention: Legal/Data Use & Privacy
C. Modifications to Application
Visa reserves the right at any time and from time to time to interrupt, restrict (without cause and without notice to you), modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Application (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Visa shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Application.
D. Changes to this Agreement
We may change or modify this Agreement, including Application features, from time to time by informing you of such change when you connect your device to the gateway. You will be notified that a new version of the Application is available and you will be asked if you wish to upgrade to a new version of the Application. If you do not upgrade to the new version of the Application, please follow the instructions provided to terminate your participation in the Application. If you use the Application after the upgrade in the Application or to this Agreement, you agree to such change and its applicability to you.
- No Warranties – The Application, Equipment, Computer, and Software: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, DATA, SOFTWARE, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS FOR YOUR USE. VISA, APPLE AND GOOGLE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND VISA, APPLE AND GOOGLE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. VISA, APPLE AND GOOGLE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE LICENSED APPLICATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, UPDATED, CORRECT OR SECURE; THAT THE LICENSED APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SATISFACTION, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT CONCERNING THE LICENSED APPLICATION ARE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL VISA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGE FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF USE EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE OR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL APPLE OR GOOGLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE APPLICATION MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE APPLE APP STORE OR GOOGLE PLAY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE SALE, DISTRIBUTION OR USE OF THE APPLICATION OR THE PERFORMANCE (OR NON-PERFORMANCE) OF THE APPLICATION. APPLE AND GOOGLE SHALL BE THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THIS AGREEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THIS PARAGRAPH.
- Intellectual Property Rights: Visa reserves all patent, copyright, trade secret, trade name, trademark, accompanying media or documentation, and other proprietary rights related to the Application, and you shall not infringe or violate such rights.
- Dispute Resolution: Any claim between you and Visa arising out of, or connected with this Agreement or the Application shall be resolved exclusively within the federal and state courts residing within San Francisco County, State of California, U.S.A., and you waive any jurisdictional venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country; and (ii) You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You agree that neither the Licensed Application, the accompanying documentation nor any direct product thereof is being or will be shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, into any country prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act and the regulations thereunder or will be used for any purpose prohibited by the Act.
- Survival: THIS SECTION E SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
F. Miscellaneous: Assignment: You may not assign this Agreement without Visa's prior written consent. Entire Agreement: This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and us, which may only be amended as described in this Agreement. If any part of this Agreement is found invalid, the balance of the Agreement shall remain enforceable. Governing Laws: THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO THE LAWS (EXCLUDING CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS) OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, U.S.A. Export Control Laws: You acknowledge that the laws and regulations of the United States and other countries may restrict the export and re-export of the Application. You agree that you will not export or re-export the Application in any form or to any recipient whether inside or outside the United States in violation of applicable United States and foreign law.